Vegan Dessert can be hard to find depending on where you live! This is super easy & quick way to make vegan friendly cake/cupcakes. Believe it or not there are quite a few accidental vegan options found in most baking isles! This recipe is perfect for a birthday cake or just something to soothe your sweet tooth. Though these aren’t from scratch, they are my favorite! These cupcakes are super moist and none one will believe they are vegan!
Side note- I have made these for my gluten-free friends with GF cake mix & they worked out just as perfect!
What you’ll need: Recipe makes 24 cupcakes
- Duncan Hines Classic Yellow (or vegan cake mix)
- Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting (I use vanilla or strawberry)
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce (1/4 cup for every one egg needed)
- 1/3 cup of vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- vegan sprinkles of your choice (For rainbow chip throw them in the mix)
Combine all together following the box as normal & bake for 22 minutes.
I let mine completely cool before icing then enjoy!
Vegan baking tip: When following a non vegan recipe that calls for eggs, using unsweetened apple sauce will instantly replace them & make all your baked goods super moist. ALWAYS make sure it’s unsweetened. I keep a large jar in my fridge!