Simple & fresh! Works great as the side to an entree or for a quick lunch.
What you’ll need:
- 5 Russet Potatoes
- 2 Avocados
- 3 tbsp of vegan plain yogurt (dairy-free Silk)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- (Optional) few drops of Tabasco or habanero sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- a palm of fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Start with potatoes in salt ice water then bring to boil (this helps potatoes keep their starchy/mealy texture)
2. Allow these to boil until you get the texture you want (check tenderness with fork)
3. Drain & allow to cool.
Toss ripe avocados (smash down with a fork first depending on the intensity of processor, squeeze of lemon (2 tsp), 1/4 pepper & yogurt into bullet/food processor. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Toss dressing and cooled potatoes together. Garnish with fresh cilantro or pair alongside pico de gallo!