Pastries stuffed with vegan cheese, golden raisins & pistachios.
These semi-homemade pastries are perfect for a dinner party not to mention so quick & easy!
I was inspired to make this from a dish that was super popular at a restaurant I used to work for. They served a pistachio encrusted goat cheese. I wanted to make it better for you & animal free!
What you’ll need:
- Crescent Dough Sheet (original)
- Treenut Cheese (Treeline garlic & herb) Found at Wholefoods
- Pistachio Nut Meat
- Golden Raisins
- Pepper Jelly, Jam of your choice or Pear Syrup (I chose a garlic & onion jam from Trader Joe’s.)
- (Optional) Rosemary oil olive
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Roll out your sheet & cut into squares. I wanted mine to be turnover style.
- Use your food processor & pulse 3/4 pistachios until thicker powder.
- Mix pistachio powder in with your whole package (6 oz) of cheese.
- Place dollops of your cheese on one side or corner of your crescent squares.
- Add additional whole pistachios & golden raisins on top.
- Fold over & use a fork to press pastries edges closed-securing the insides.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet for 10-13 minutes.
- (Optional) Brush small amount of Rosemary olive oil over tops of your pastries.
Serve with a side of your favorite preserves for dipping or spreading. This tangy cheese reminds me of goat cheese/aged flavor & pairs delicious with wine. Add this to your holiday recipes or even to your girl’s wine night! It’s so simple yet special. Your friends won’t even know it’s completely Vegan.
I served this with a side of haricot verts for dinner for my boyfriend & it was perfect for that as well.