This is my take on the traditional grilled cheese with a unique, rich, savory yet sweet spin.
Two cheese grilled cheese with fig preserves on sourdough-
This cheat meal is a dream on a rainy day & can even be cut into mini square sandwiches topped with toothpicks for horderves.
What You’ll Need:
- Sourdough bread
- Fig Preserves
- Treeline Garlic Herb Cheese (Found at Wholefoods)
- Follow Your Heart Smoked Gouda slices (also found at WF)
- Olive oil or vegan butter
- Pan, toaster or Panini press
- I like to throw my sourdough in the toaster before throwing it on the pan (this is totally optional and not always necessary)
- spread vegan butter or oil outside of the bread slices.
- Spread preserves thinly on each slice.
- Then lay on a slice of Gouda on one piece of bread & spread treeline over top.
- Follow with an additional layer of preserves.
- Press flatter with a spatula or you can use a panini press. Grill until you get the desired level of toastiness.
Hehe…I know this is pretty self-explanatory & there really isn’t a wrong way to build this sandwich. Figured I’d still give you guys the low down!